Sunday, January 18, 2009

Price Stalking

Do you have a cutoff price for certain items? You know, a price above which you will not pay for certain items? Well, I do. But I will occasionally veto if the gain exceeds the price. I have been looking at this blouse for several months now. Watching and waiting for this sweet potato silk pleated blouse to enter into my shirt price range. Almost like the minimum bid on eBay.

I have given this ritual the term 'price stalking'. There is a dress at Dillard's that is currently on my price stalking radar. I watch my item like a hawk...search for it online...visit the store weekly....watch and wait for the lovely day when my item goes on sale and then I buy like a wild beast hunting its prey. This blouse however has been a struggle. I first saw it in October 2008--price too high. Watched it, waited...then they had the audacity (and not the audacity of hope) to remove it from the website. Dern! Then it magically reappeared...same price, too high. Next it went on sale...$10 off the original price, still too high.

Now I am faced with a dilemma: do I buy it or wait for the perfect price and risk them not having my size? Ahh, the toils of a price stalker.

2 comments:

  1. I want this blouse as well. They need to hurry up and lower the price. Arlonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this blouse as well, they need to stop playing and lower the price.

    ReplyDelete