Saturday, January 23, 2016

Stitch Fix Review

I like the premise behind Stitch Fix. If you are busy, spending time in stores gets really old. I would rather spend time doing rather than wasting time preparing to do.  And, it is disappointing when you spend so much time looking for the right fit or style but never find it.  Additionally I am finding that the stores are catering too much to teenagers and trendsetters. 
I also liked the idea of the style cards and trying on your new items with items you already have in your closet.  All this while at home. 
As mentioned with other reviews, there is a cost associated with such convenient shopping. The prices are probably exaggerated due to the personalized nature of the service. 
The trade off for me is time and frustration. My friends aren't close and my toddler children are terrible shopping buddies. 
To start there is a $20.00 automatic style fee for each scheduled fix which is applied to any item that you choose to keep.  If you love nothing and send it all back, you lose the style fee. 
So, let's jump right in on the review!
Five items received. 
Style card included to help you pair the items with other (not included) items and accessories. 
And here goes my fashion show...
I decided to keep the dress since I have some ideas on how to wear it. Quality is nice. Price tag...$68.00. 
The necklace had a piece that chipped off so I returned it. Too delicate to be so pricey. Price tag...$34.00. 
The jeans have a nice fit. A little too large in the waist for me but hey, it is hard to fit my waist plus my hips and thighs so this works well. They have the mom-fit but I figure I have enough butt-crack jeans in my wardrobe. Kept. Price tag...$78.00. 
Interesting sweater as I first thought the shoulders were damaged. Both sides, odd.  Oh!  They are supposed to be like that. Like the boyfriend fit. Nice color. Kept. Price tag...$58.00. 
And finally...
An embroidered cargo jacket.  Was not planning on trying on because I did not like the style but once it was on I liked it a little bit.  Cut/fit is cute.  Embroidery, not so much my style especially the area on the back.  
Cost was the deal breaker. Returned.  Price tag...$68.00. 

So, $200.00 for three items which included tax.  Pricey?  Yes!  May be worth the experience and convenience.  If I would have kept all the items, I could have received a 25% discount and the total would have been $209, not including tax. 
I think I will schedule another fix, though not any time soon. 

My referral code is below.  $25.00 to me when you schedule your fix. 

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5918248

No comments:

Post a Comment